– prevent foaming to minimize oxidation and avoid cavitation by altering the surface tension of the oil. Available in Silicone & Non-Silicone grades (acrylate based)
– improve the adhesive properties of a lubricant, preventing dripping and splashing during operation to reduce environmental contamination and product loss
– prevent dust and dirt particles from attaching themselves to critical surfaces and, in the case of over-based detergents, neutralize acidic byproducts of combustion to slow down lubricant oxidation
Our best-selling Detergent product, Lubimax 411C TBN 400 is an economical general purpose 400 TBN linear alkyl benzene high base synthetic calcium sulfonate with strong detergency, excellent hydrolytic stability, and minimal foaming tendencies.
– provide protection to the metal surfaces by forming a protective film or by neutralizing acids directly
– improve fuel economy in gasoline engine oils, prevent scoring, reduce wear and noise, and avoid micro-pitting in other applications. Friction modifiers find particularly important applications in automatic and manual transmissions, tractor hydraulic systems, power steering, shock absorbers, and metalworking fluids
Thickeners & Viscosity Index Improvers
– reduce the change of viscosity at temperature extremes
Our premier liquid viscosity index improver, Lubimax 5825 L meets and surpasses all critical parameters for low-temperature performance, including the cold cranking simulator (CCS) and the mini rotary viscometer (MRV) for production of multigrade lubricants.
– prevent sludge, varnish, and other deposits from forming on critical surfaces
– reducing the surface tension of water to facilitate thorough mixing: important for metalworking, rock drill, and hydraulic applications
Pour Point Depressants (PPDs)
– lower the pour point of lubricating fluids, to improve low-temperature performance
The Lubimax 2541 PPD pour point depressant excels at reducing the pour point of base stocks from a variety of sources, including, but not limited to most South American, European and Middle Eastern solvent refined base oils.
Extreme Pressure Additives
– react with metal surfaces during operation at elevated temperatures, creating a protective coating that can withstand extreme heat and pressure
– react with metal surfaces during operation, creating a protective coating at moderate loads and pressures
Lubimax 1797G ZDDP is our best-selling mixed, primary/secondary zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) antiwear and anticorrosion additive that finds an application in the formulation of automotive, marine and hydraulic fluids.
Seal Swell Additives
– maintain the integrity of certain elastomeric materials used as seals, preventing elastomer shrinkage, brittleness, and deterioration during service.
Grease additive components modify grease properties to meet specification requirements of particular industries, applications, and end users. Some of these additives are suitable for applications involving incidental food contact and have been registered with NSF with HX-1 approval.
The most commonly used additive components for grease formulation include:
– modify the grease structure & properties
– rust and corrosion protection particularly for applications involving high temperatures and/or water contamination
Extreme pressure additives
– which enable greases and equipment to resist extreme heat and extreme pressure, particularly in boundary lubrication conditions
– reduce metal wear by binding to metal surfaces, forming a lubricious sacrificial coating
– reduce metal reactivity to protect surfaces from degradation
– modify base fluid properties to enhance performance in highly variable temperature applications
– depending on the specific application, the following additives may also find an application in your formulation: pour point depressants, antifoam agents, emulsifiers, demulsifiers, tackiness agents, solid additives and friction modifiers.
Our Certified Technical Representative will be to assist you in the selection of the appropriate lubricant additives and packages that will provide the specific properties you are trying to obtain. Contact us for more information.